Monday, October 16, 2006

Firefox 2

I've just installed Firefox 2 and I wish I hadn't bothered. While I'm a great fan of Firefox and grant that this isn't the final release, it seems to be much more unstable than the beta releases for version 1.0 or 1.5.

The menu often fails to appear when right clicking on links and it really seems to struggle with multiple tabs or windows, often grinding to a halt and freezing. I do hope they get the issues sorted out for the final release because the release of IE7 is imminent and on this performance, looks like winning back some ground.

Paul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im using Firefox 2 RC3 and is going great. I haven't any problems, and never freeze. I see that the manage of memory is better than the 1.5 version. I will be using Firefox without any doubt.

Snowbabies said...

I think I'm the only that's having problems, I've change themes (Noia Extreme) and that seems to be working better.