Thursday, October 12, 2006

Armed & Dangerous

Back in the summer, I went out and bought an SLR camera, a Nikon D50, thinking that I could be the next David Bailey.

Having used the camera for a couple of months now, I'm thinking that unless David Bailey often stood at the lakeside behind his tripod, fiddling with the knobs and buttons and eventually screaming 'bugger it!' before setting the contraption to landscape mode, I don't think I'll be the next big thing in photography.

Having said that, even using the presets, the quality of the photos I've taken so far have been a cut above the ones taken with the old camera so I'll settle for that and leave the knob twiddling to the professionals.

Hopefully this coming winter season will bring plenty of opportunities for shots of gratuitous snowy landscapes, more on that thought later...

Paul. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

JustSue said...

Welcome back Snowman! After my post yesterday on Snowbabies about snow flurries we ended up with a snowstorm of "historic proportions" according to the authorities. Check out my blog and this link for the news items/photos. Figured you'd be interested! http://www.ctv.ca/gallery/html/fall_snow_061013/photo_0.html