Thursday, February 17, 2005

Stripping Off In The Bathroom

It’s been a hard week so far, finishing off the kitchen was a pinch of salt compared with striping the bathroom. I’ve not been able to use the steamer because the walls have been skimmed and it fetches off the plaster.

So I’ve been there with a sponge and a scraper doing an inch at a time and now every muscle in my body is aching. I’m definitely not in very good shape and I’m glad I don’t do stripping for a living, I’m certainly no Chippendale that’s for sure ..lol..

It’s not escaped my attention that the weather forecast is going for cold weather this weekend. I’ve seen it all before too many times this winter and it’s come to nothing so even though the charts are looking good and the weather forum is buzzing, I’m expecting nothing and if we do get any snow it will be a bonus.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

I've got mixed feelings about getting snow here. On the one hand, I love getting out and taking pictures in it. On the other hand, I'm supposed to be heading out on a coach from Sheffield to Brussels tonight, and I would hate to have the trip cancelled or delayed due to snow!

But it's supposed to snow most of the week in Brussels, so I'm hoping to get some great pics while I'm there!

Richard said...

You always get snow north of the border, its so unfair - I desperately want to roll my children down a snowy hill, get pelted with snowballs and have to plop my feet in a bowl of hot water an hour later (after exhausing all of the socks in the house which have been used as 'snowgloves' - don't ask!)
Please post some to me should you have an abundance.