Thursday, September 09, 2004

Blogging Blues

All that could be heard in the office yesterday morning were cries of "for chuffs sake, come on" and for once, it wasn't due to software I'd written, I was trying to get a post onto Snowbabies. Blogger was having none of it all day yesterday and I can't imagine what must have been going on in the Blogger office. I'm sure they must have been working flat out to get this problem fixed, no company wants problems like this when they are trying to attract new users. Having introduced all the new bits and pieces recently and with all the new users they were attracting, they must have expected that something like this could happen.

Having worked with computers all my life, I'm well aware of the equation ... lots of new things + in a short space of time = lots of problems. At the end of the day, you can have stable and boring or exiting but with the occasional hiccup and sometimes it can be a very fine line between success and disaster.

1 comment:

gemmak said...

I mailed Blogger yesterday on this subject as no doubt did you, this is the response I got.

"We apologize for the problems you have been experiencing with Blogger. We had a simultaneous failure across multiple machines responsible for the
publishing of Blog*Spot blogs, but this issue has now been fixed. To prevent this type of outage in the future, we are performing a full system
audit to ensure that proper redundancies are in place"

Seems you are right :o)