Thursday, January 20, 2005

Digital Photography Step By Step



This is one of the books that Debbie bought me for my birthday, Digital Photography Step By Step, having read through a couple of other similar books before, I can honestly say that this is the best one by far and does exactly what it says on the cover.

It starts with a brief history of photography from right back to the Box Brownie through the early days of digital photography to the present day. Everything from file formats to aperture settings and shutter speeds are explained in a refreshingly easy to understand way allowing even me to get my head round some of the more technical stuff for the first time. There are sections on taking photos of almost everything you can think of from sunsets to household pets. Best of all, there are loads of step by step exercises on using Photoshop to sort out those pictures that don't quite look as good as they could.

All in all, a wonderful book and the best present I could have wished for! Posted by Hello

No comments: